Libre Software Meeting in Mont-de-Marsan, France - 1st-5th July 2008
Call for communication, topic Education
Wednesday 26 December 2007, by
Call for participation :
topic Education, Popular Education
The Libre Software Meeting, Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre is an event of the Free Software Community in France. It happens since year 2000 .
This year, the ninth meeting is organised from the 1st to the 5th July 2008 in Mont-de-Marsan, Landes (France).
The Educational session of this meeting allows educators to meet developers of free applications, and to share professional practices in connection with free software.
The topic "Free Software for Education" is calling for speakers to present their free projects, related particularly to the following subjects:
- specific software for teaching and training
- specific software for non profit organizations related to popular education
- free ("libre") resources and software of educational interest
- educational usage of free software tools and databases of free documents
- digital training environments, Open and Distance Learning (ODL), E-Learning
- sharing educational productions
The program for year 2008 is under work and will be published at http://2008.rmll.info.
There is no program commitee (it is not a scientific conference), and the selection process will remain as light as possible.
The speakers are invited to write an abstract of about twenty lines as soon as possible, and a document of 6 to 12 pages (A4, in an open format as OpenDocumentFormat, Postscript, PDF or plain text).