Call for communication, topic Education
Monday 19 March 2007, by
Call for Communication: topic Education
The Libre Software Meeting, Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre is an event of the Free Software Community in France. It happens since year 2000 .
This year, the meeting is organised from the 10th to the 14th July in Amiens. The Educational session of this meeting allows educators to meet developers of free applications, and to share professional practices in connection with free software.
The topic "Free Software for Education" is calling for speakers to present their free projects, related particularly to the following subjects:
* specific software for teaching and training
* specific software for non profit organizations related to popular education
* free ("libre") resources and software of educational interest
* educational usage of free software tools and databases of free documents
* numeric working environments
* sharing educational productions.
The program for year 2007 is under work.
There is no program commitee (it is not a scientific conference), and the selection process will remain as light as possible.
Interested persons can contact topic’s chairmen at email@example.com or Jean-Yves Jeannas, Georges Khaznadar or Jean Peyratout as soon as possible before the end of April 2007. The speakers are invited to write an abstract of about twenty lines as soon as possible, and a document of 6 to 12 pages (A4, in an open format as OpenDocumentFormat (OpenOffice.org), Postscript, PDF or main text).